During open inspection or by visit appointment is an vital part of the sales process. we have some tips for open homes that can help to boost your home’s appeal and impress potential buyers.
Now is a good time to get your home ready for the spotlight. Talk to your HOMEXPERT agent who will help you get your home ready. If you need a bit of extra help, our maintenance team is standing by to jump in and help lawn mowing to more complicated matters such as plumbing, electrical work, renovations.
Remember if you spent PKR 100 on your house then it will be payback PKR 200 to you.
Getting ready to sell
The Goal is to sell at the best possible price and as quickly as possible. you need to prepare your home for a successful sale. Buyers do not want to buy to-do list. Most buyers do not want to buy a fix-up project, they will turn away fastest than lightening. Often times it’s not one big thing, but a lot of little things that turn buyers away. if there are problems and a significant to-do list, your house will drop to the bottom of their list, or attract an offer much less than what you’re looking for. Present buyers with well-maintained and well presented house that will just ready for them to move into – a home they can be comfortable and happy in.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when putting your home on the market
Getting your home ready for open days:
Potential buyers get an impression of your home either positive or negative within 30 seconds of walking through the door, having them see your home in best-selling shape is an absolute must.
There are many ways to put a new quick face lift on your home, many of them costing little more than a bit of your time. Here are a few pointers for the most significant impact.
- Clear your lawn and trim shrubs.
- Add bushes and/or colorful flowers.
- Clean sidewalks, and driveway.
- Remove or update any dated or personalized fixtures
- put all the kids toys away
- fixed damaged gutters, shutters, siding or tiles, wall color or seepage matters.
- Clean all windows inside and out.
Leave no trace
- Clean everything! Check or cobwebs on ceilings, dust on fans & on everything.
- De-clutter. Then de-clutter again. this is most important for increasing your home’s appeal
- add a fresh coat of paint to the wall
- Remove family photos and excessive wall decorations.
- Remove family items, such as DVD collections and your family trophies.
- Replace worn-out carpets, and wash down carpets that are dirty but still in good shape.
- polish floors
- Add fresh flowers or plants, but don’t overdo it.
- Maximize your home’s natural light by opening blinds and shades.
- Do smells check and address any odors.
- Pet owners take Fido or fluffy with you while your home is being shown.
Your HomeXpert Agent can provide additional advice on prepping your home, and also give you insights into the preferences of local buyers.